The Telecom Act imposes a duty on the TRA to issue executive regulations which should explain and elaborate on the policies set out in the Act.
In this way, the Act sets out the core principles for the sector and executive regulation deals with each issue in more detail. Executive regulation covers the following issues:
- Procedures required to obtain a telecoms license.
- The review process for submitted applications.
- Issuance of technical specifications.
- Rules governing type approval of telecom equipment.
- Rules governing the usage of telecommunications services.